The Inauguration ...

... of the 45th US president, Donald J. Trump, was an important empirical test, because it showed quite clearly that Baba Vanga was unable to correctly predict the future. Many years ago the Bulgarian mystic declared that the 44th US president, Barack H. Obama, would be the last. She was obviously wrong and so were several others who predicted that Obama was the anti-Christ who would end the world as we know it etc. (Let us not forget about the WSJ and its prediction.)

I write this blog post because several newspapers printed her prophecy without much skepticism and it got even more attention in the emotional election year 2016 [1, 2, 3]. But I doubt that we will read much about her failure now - instead newspapers are already busy "informing" us that the CIA confirmed Uri Geller was indeed capable of telekinesis.
So I write this as a very small counter-weight to "fake news", but as usual it is most likely too little, too late.

4 comments:

Lee said...

>> Baba Vanga was unable to correctly predict the future.

Yeah, but you predicted the future quite accurately last year so Baba's failure shouldn't diminish one's belief in clairvoyance too much!

wolfgang said...

I got one thing wrong: Hillary did not get a divorce from Bill, but she was separated from Huma at the end ...
The Matrix only told me about the most important person in her life and I assumed wrongly it was Bill 8-)

But Baba did not listen to The Matrix at all ...

rrtucci said...

Who is this BabaV? She was only off by one. Wow, she is pretty good. I may become her follower

wolfgang said...

>> only off by one
I guess one could also make the case that King Donald I will not be a real president.

Btw Baba V. is already dead, so we
cannot ask her how she counted ...

Blog Archive